Southwark College is proud to share the news that we have received a rating of ‘Good’ from Ofsted following a full inspection of NCG colleges in January.
Our mission is to develop the skills and talents of our learners to succeed in modern enterprise and make a positive contribution to the prosperity of our region. This grade of Good reflects the hard work and dedication of our colleagues and valued partners to ensure that the education and training we provide to our learners is of a good standard.
The report highlights many positives about our College, including:
- the good quality work experience and work placements we offer, especially as these had been seriously curtailed during the pandemic restrictions.
- how well our college and our curriculum respond to the demands of employers and to the needs of learners and our local community.
- the motivation of our learners to learn and to develop their skills and knowledge.
- the information and support our learners receive in their tutorial programmes about how to stay physically healthy and mentally well.
- our strong policy frameworks for quality, teaching, equality and diversity, and safeguarding.
- the positive destinations of our young people, adult learners and learners with high needs.
- the positive cultural shift of our Group and the shared goals of colleagues right across the country to provide high quality education to our learners.
- the effective programmes and support we offer to enable growing numbers of refugees and asylum seekers to integrate more quickly into our local communities.
Annette Cast, Principal of Southwark College, said: “This result is reflective of hard work and positive change we have made since the last inspection. Southwark College will play a key part in the Borough’s Strategy ‘Local Jobs for Local People’ and I am extremely proud of all the team at Southwark College who, as part of NCG, are committed to achieving our strategic goals, inspiring excellence and supporting curiosity through setting high expectations and ambitions for all our learners and communities.”
Liz Bromley, CEO of NCG comments: “This is a really positive result, and one that reflects the hard work and dedication of the incredible colleagues across our seven colleges and Professional Services who share NCG’s goal to transform lives through exceptional education. As One NCG, we have driven the positive cultural changes needed since our last Ofsted inspection to ensure we have achieved our aims.
“NCG is an ambitious organisation, and we want to keep improving and do more for our learners and more for our communities. That means that we will continue this journey of transformation and work together to achieve Outstanding, optimising our Good rating to create new and exciting opportunities that will help us reach that ambition.”