Jobs at Southwark College
Southwark College is built on its staff. Our student community is diverse, with 79% of students not having English as their first language and many facing additional challenges. Helping our young people and adults to fulfil their potential and often transform their lives through education requires dedication, patience and the ability to think differently – but it is also a unique privilege.
As we enter an exciting new phase in our evolution – with the rebranding of the former Lewisham Southwark College as two sister colleges at the heart of their local communities – we’re looking to recruit the best of the best. If you have a passion for education and its power to improve lives, and think you have what it takes to inspire young people and adults, we’d love to hear from you.
In return for your commitment, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement (47 days for lecturers, 35 for heads of academic departments, 30 for managers and business support staff, excluding the eight statutory holidays each year)
- Two pension schemes: Teachers’ Pension Scheme for teaching staff and Local Government Pension Scheme for business support staff
- Good maternity, paternity, parental, special leave and sick leave policies
- Employee assistance programme and health insurance policy through Benenden
- Free eye examinations
- Interest-free loans for travel
- Cycle scheme
- Discounted treatments at T-ien, our on-campus beauty salon
- Credit Union on request