Every year, hundreds of international students come to Southwark College to improve their English language skills and gain a recognised qualification. As a multicultural community of nearly 80 different nationalities we provide a friendly, welcoming environment where you can build your confidence in English.
We offer a wide range of ESOL English language courses at various different levels, and we’ll help you to find the right course to suit your needs, whatever your current level of English. Our courses are competitively-priced and, with evening and summer courses available, they are designed to fit in around your other commitments.
Our international English students leave us with confidence in their ability to speak and write English clearly, and a qualification that will help them to take their next steps – whether that’s further study or work.
What can I study?
Our courses for non-native English speakers are designed to improve your speaking skills as well as your reading, writing, listening, grammar and vocabulary.
Browse our English courses:
Why choose Southwark College?
By studying English as an international student at Southwark College, you’ll benefit from:
- Highly experienced tutors
- Small class sizes
- Interactive learning environment with plenty of opportunity to practise your skills
- High-tech teaching facilities, fully installed with the latest learning technologies
- Dedicated online learning site for each course to support learning
- Great student support, including individual tutorials
- Flexible course starting dates and a choice of full-time, part-time, evening and summer courses
- Expert careers advice to help you decide what to do next
We don’t have accommodation of our own but our location close to a number of universities means that there are lots of accommodation options available including halls of residence, flat and house shares with other students, and house stays with local families. Our Student Services advisers can also help by referring you to providers such as Unite Students and Spare Room, as well as local estate agents.
How to apply
You can apply via this website for our English courses. Just visit our course pages and select a course you’re interested in.