Enrichment is a key part of the student experience at Southwark College. It will give you the opportunity to try something new, meet other students, get involved in college life and develop your skills. Working with the curriculum team, student services design enrichment activities that are relevant to the course you are studying. You could:
- Gain additional qualifications
- Visit new places on trips and visits
- Volunteer with organisations and businesses across London
- Take part in weekly or one-off event, activities and societies.
The Student Life Area
Student Life is an area for you to unwind. It hosts weekly events from pool and table tennis competitions to large events such as the annual freshers’ fair. It has soft seating, music, and recreation activities to help you to step away from your studies during your breaks. It is also home to the Student Union where you can find out how to get involved or put your views across.
If you are passionate about how Southwark College is run and what to contribute to its direction then you should join the Student Union. You could:
- Run college-wide events and campaigns
- Give your thoughts and views on what matters to you
- Make a difference within Southwark College
- Put forward your ideas or comments to the governing body
- Develop your skills and experience, which could boost your CV
If you would rather not commit to becoming a Student Union Officer but still want to make a difference within Southwark College then you could become a Course Representative.
Course Representatives are elected within each course by their peers. Their role is to help improve the course and the wider college. All Course Representatives and Student Union Officers meet regularly to discuss the comments, queries or questions you or your fellow students have. The Student Union will then raise them with the relevant Southwark College committees or Senior Leadership Team.