Travel agents advise travellers upon travel arrangements, make bookings and receive payment for travel arrangements made.
- Discusses client requirements and shows brochures containing suitable packages
- Establishes availability with tour operators and makes bookings
- Consults travel time-tables, books travel tickets and accommodation
- Handles cash, debit and credit card payment
- Informs client of any changes in travel arrangements
- Advises on issues of currency, passports, visa requirements, insurance, car hire, vaccinations and other health precautions.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers require entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. Off- and on-the-job training is usually available. NVQs/SVQs in travel services at Levels 2 and 3, BTEC, apprenticeships and higher level qualifications are available.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £22,000 per annum and can progress up to £23,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 4,567 employed Travel Agents in the region.
- Travel agent (America or Canada) Hertford, Hertfordshire, AL86PD
- Health Care Assistant - Respiratory Unit | Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Westcliff-on-Sea, SS0 0RY
- Healthcare Assistant - CCU/Gordon Hopkins | Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Southend on Sea, SS0 0RY
- Optometrist Southend University Hospital NHS Trust, Westcliff, SS0 0RY
- Health Care Assistant Southend Hospital, Westcliff-on-Sea, SS0 0RY