We have extensive experience in supporting Apprenticeships within a wide range of London businesses, and provide a free end-to-end service for employers. We also work with our network of business partners to set up opportunities for work experience placements, guest speakers, industry visits, tours and workshops.
In addition, we provide professional development training courses which can be tailored to the individual requirements of businesses and used to train new staff, up-skill existing employees or develop senior managers.
The first step for employers interested in hiring an Apprentice is to fill in our Enquiry form. Our Apprenticeships team will then get in touch to start the process.
We will work with you to understand your business needs, your future growth potential and any skills gaps within your organisation. Together, we will then develop a high quality Apprenticeship programme which will bring the right talent and skills into your business, ensuring that this programme meets the relevant Apprenticeship standard.
Our free end-to-end Apprenticeship service includes:
- Conducting an initial consultation to discuss your business needs
- Providing advice on funding including levy spend
- Writing the job specification for your Apprenticeship role
- Promoting your vacancy
- Matching your business with appropriate candidates from our talent pool
- Shortlisting and interviewing applicants
- Delivering tailored training which complements the on-the-job training provided in your business
- Handling your Apprentice’s assessment and certification
Hiring an Apprentice can enable employers to build a motivated workforce with the skills needed to grow their business and help it adapt to evolving industry needs. Some of the benefits for employers include:
- Filling a skills gap by bringing in people trained with the specific skills the business needs Improving staff morale and retention: apprentices are usually loyal to the company that trained them, and 92% of employers of apprentices say they lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- Increasing productivity: the average apprenticeship completer increases business productivity by £214 per week
- Injecting talent and new ideas into the business: Apprentices often bring strong IT and social media skills which enable companies to stay on top of the ever-changing digital landscape
- Reducing external training and agency/recruitment costs Upskilling existing employees (who can do an Apprenticeship at any age)
- Free end-to-end consultancy service with full support throughout the
- Apprenticeship Flexible delivery: our Apprenticeships can start at any time of the year
- We are rated an ‘outstanding’ apprenticeship provider with an achievement rate 14% above the national average according to the government’s Education and Skills Funding Agency
- We are part of NCG, the UK’s largest college group and a leading provider of high quality apprenticeships