If you are currently unemployed and looking for work, our employability courses could help you to develop your skills, gain new qualifications. They also provide support with finding employment and using job boards, CV/job applications and interview techniques.
- Introduction to the Games, Animation and VFX Industries
This Bootcamp is designed for those wanting to gain the employability skills needed to enter into the Games, Animation or VFX industries.
The course is suitable for anyone inspired to work in GAVFX, whether you have existing technical skills, experience in creating GAVFX, or are a novice.
- Pre-Entry ESOL
- Introduction to Business Administration & Office Skills
This course is designed to provide learners with the essential skills and knowledge to work within a business administration role.
It provides an introduction in a range of subjects in the administration sector such as office administrator skills, using email/spreadsheet software and arranging meetings/travel. Learners also have the opportunity to develop core skills in areas such as teamwork and customer service
Upon completion of this course, you could progress onto the Level 2 qualification, gain employment or study for an apprenticeship.
- Level 1 Award in Business Administration
- Level 1 Award in Employability Skills
- Civil Service - Sector-based Work Academy Training (SWAT)
This programme is delivered in partnership with Jobcentre Plus (JCP) and has been designed to support those looking to secure jobs in the Civil Service.
Training includes creating a Civil Service jobs account, searching for vacancies, understanding the job description, and competing practice psychometric, verbal reasoning and situational judgement tests.
- Level 1 Certificate in Customer Services
- Level 1 Certificate in Personal Development
- Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust - Sector–based Work Academy Programme
This programme is delivered in partnership with Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and has been designed to support those looking to secure jobs in the Health and Social Care sector.
You will study a range of sector-specific units including; Introduction to the Health & Social Care Sector, Introduction to the Values and Principles of Guy's & Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, Awareness of Roles and Responsibilities of the working within the sector and more.
You will develop a range of employability skills whilst building confidence, enhancing your CV and understanding the application process by undertaking mock interviews and practice tests.
- Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Health & Social Care
- Level 2 Award in Understanding Infection Prevention & Control
- Level 2 Equality & Diversity
- Entry 2 ESOL
- Entry 3 ESOL
You will benefit from:
- Having access to a tutor or assessor
- Gaining additional skills and qualifications needed in the workplace
- Developing knowledge to further your professional career
- Learning at your own pace
Study for free
These courses are fully funded for those who live in England, are aged 19 and over on 31 August and meet the following criteria:
- Not currently in full-time education
- Had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years
- Not previously completed any part of the requested qualifications and/or similar qualifications
- Currently in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance or Universal Credit.
All courses are subject to availability, eligibility and accessibility needs. You will not be guaranteed a place on a course until you have fully enrolled and received your Learning Agreement.