This course is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding you need to progress to degree level study and employment in the performing arts sector.
The programme leads to the award of a Level Three UAL Diploma in Performing and Production Arts from the University of the Arts London.
- Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and maths
- Evidence of previous experience or study in dance at an appropriate level.
Continuous assessment by practical movement training and assessment, projects, online portfolio, presentations, written research projects and group work.
Aims of the course
- To enable you to develop a range of techniques in dance
- To give you the skills and knowledge you need to progress to degree level study and employment in the performing arts sector.
This qualification will support students to progress or transition to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing and Production Arts.
The UCAS tariff points gained on this course ? either alone or in combination with other Level 3 qualifications ? may also enable you to apply for a range of relevant degree courses.
The programme is delivered through a mixture of lessons, workshops and projects. You will learn in our classrooms and dance studios, and benefit from trips to performance venues and getting involved in projects with external partners.
After further study you can pursue a range of careers in the dance sector such as performer or choreographer.
While the primary purpose of this Diploma is to help you progress to further learning, the transferable skills and knowledge you will gain could also enable you to move into an entry level role or higher apprenticeship in the creative sector.