Travel agents advise travellers upon travel arrangements, make bookings and receive payment for travel arrangements made.
- Discusses client requirements and shows brochures containing suitable packages
- Establishes availability with tour operators and makes bookings
- Consults travel time-tables, books travel tickets and accommodation
- Handles cash, debit and credit card payment
- Informs client of any changes in travel arrangements
- Advises on issues of currency, passports, visa requirements, insurance, car hire, vaccinations and other health precautions.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers require entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. Off- and on-the-job training is usually available. NVQs/SVQs in travel services at Levels 2 and 3, BTEC, apprenticeships and higher level qualifications are available.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £22,000 per annum and can progress up to £23,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 5,476 employed Travel Agents in the region.
- Senior Practitioner - Safeguarding Team Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, MK40 1AA
- Consultant Social Worker - Safeguarding Team Hertford, Hertfordshire, MK40 1AA
- Social worker - Looked After Children Team Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 1AA
- Healthcare Assistant - Surgical Assessment Unit | Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust Westcliff-on-Sea, SS0 0RY
- Social Worker - Safeguarding Team Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, MK40 1AA