Further Education Teaching Professionals
Further education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
Further education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
Related course areas
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £39,000 per annum and can progress up to £43,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 13,774 employed Further Education Teaching Professionals in the region.