This course focuses on the operation and management skills required for the global hospitality and tourism industry. You'll benefit from industry insight via our guest lecture series, as well as real-life work examples from our industry-experienced tutors to help you understand the complex, ever-changing and exciting world of hospitality and tourism.
You will develop the practical skills required to work in the industry as well as the skills to market and manage a range of hospitality and tourism organisations effectively. *Subject to validation.
Please note: If you succesfully completed a level three course at LSC in 2017-18 and want to progress to an HE course then you don't need to complete a UCAS application. Use the 'Apply' button to apply direct to the College.
The validating body for this course is NCG
To apply for this course you must be aged 18 or over on or before the 31st August 2018
- 70-80 UCAS points
- You will normally be expected to have GCSEs at grade A*-C (9-4) in English language and maths or the Level 2 equivalents.
- For mature students (aged 21 or over) without these qualifications, relevant work experience may also be considered.
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language need a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or a nationally recognised equivalent.
- A satisfactory DBS clearance will be required and must be obtained within the first term of enrolment.
- Unit breakdown, Progression & More...
You will learn through a dynamic mix of lectures, seminars, practical sessions and workshops, and will benefit from industry guest speakers. You will also complete a placement with a relevant organisation.
Assessments include: written assignments, case-studies, presentations, portfolios, work-based projects and practical tests.
Aims of the course
To enable students to gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the tourism and hospitality management industry, while developing a range of transferable skills.
You will be able to progress on to further study (such as a top-up degree) or go directly into employment with a hospitality and tourism provider.
You'll learn at our £41m state-of-the-art Southwark campus which offers an innovative learning environment and specialised facilities.
On successful completion of the course you will be equipped to apply for trainee management or managerial positions in a range of tourism and hospitality operations. You may for example work in tour operations, retail travel or hotel management.