Giving you an insight into a career in the skies, this programme will teach you about cabin crew members' roles and responsibilities, particularly when it comes to passenger safety. The course will also introduce you to the various different aspects of the job including airline and aviation operations, airline health safety and security policies, airline emergency procedures and crew room duties.
- 4 GCSEs D-F / or 3-2 (in 2017 GCSEs)
- Relevant Level 1 qualification with Merit or above
- Relevant industry experience to Level 1 or above
- You will also need to meet airlines' employment requirements, eg height between 5ft 2in and 6ft 2in, no visible tattoos or piercings, ability to swim 25m, valid ID (passport) and be prepared to wear our cabin crew uniform to the standards required.
- Unit breakdown, Progression & More...
Research tasks, short-answer questions practical tasks and online e-assessments.
Aims of the course
To meet the needs of those who want to work as air cabin crew in the aviation sector allowing students to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment.
Completing one of the study courses can lead to progression into employment with airlines or training with a tourism organisation.
Lessons, workshops, educational visits to airlines and airports, talks by industry guest speakers and successful students currently working as crew.
On completion of this course you are ready to apply for a cabin crew job with an airline.