This is a 36-week intensive course, delivered over three-days per week. It is designed for those who are interested in teaching or another education-related career-path. It is an alternative route into university and ideal if you are looking to retrain for a new career, upskill in your current profession, or return to education as a mature student. It qualifies for UCAS tariff points that are comparable to the tariff points for three A levels, and widely accepted by universities. If successful you will be awarded the Level 3 Access to HE Diploma: Education Studies and Teacher Training.
- Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths (Grades *A-C or minimum Grade 4).
- GCSE (or equivalent) Science (Grades *A-C or minimum Grade 4) for applicants intending to teach in primary sector.
- It is essential that you have a GCSE (or equivalent) English (Grades *A-C or minimum Grade 4). If you do not have GCSE's in Maths or Science, you may be able to study these alongside this course.
- Placement in a primary or secondary school one day a week outside of the course hours ? secured by you for the duration of the course.
- DBS ? you will be responsible for this.
- Completion of written initial or diagnostic assessment
You will build a portfolio of evidence throughout the course which will include written assignments, micro-teach session, presentations, research project, advice booklets and leaflets.
Aims of the course
This program will prepare you for study at HE level and will provide you with an understanding of a broad range of knowledge and skills within this subject specialist area. This will include learning about education related topics. You will also develop skills which include report and essay writing, research and referencing skills, communication skills and using information technology.
Successful completion of this course can lead to progression on to a degree level course in the education studies field. You will also be provided with support with the process of your UCAS application and your tutors will provide you with a reference.
The model of delivery will be a mix of classroom-based and online learning. You will have access to our digital learning platforms that will provide you with a range of materials and resources to support your learning whilst on this course. Individual tutorial support is available. Additional learning support is also available, if required.
Teaching or other education-related careers.