This is a part-time, six-month course taught on one day per week. The course is designed for those in a variety of roles within the school and includes administrative roles, site support roles, technical roles, volunteers and those roles that work directly with children and young people. It is suitable for both primary and secondary but not for nursery.
If successful, you will be awarded the Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools.
- Qualification credit value: 12 credits at Level 2.
- Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
- GCSE's English and maths (minimum grade D)
- 4 GCSEs (grades D-E) (two of which must be English and math)
- Placement not required
- Completion of an initial assessments that indicates an appropriate level of English
Candidates build a portfolio of evidence which will include written assignments and tasks. There is no final examination.
Aims of the course
To provide an introduction to the information and knowledge required to work in a variety of support roles in schools (primary, secondary and special schools).
- Successful completion of this course may lead to:
- Employment in either primary or secondary schools
- Progression to L2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools once employment is secured (pair or voluntary)
This course is classroom-based and will also include workshops and online learning opportunities
- teaching or other support roles