This course is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding you need to progress to degree level study and employment in the music sector.
The programme leads to the award of a Level 3 UAL Diploma in Music Performance and Production from the UAL awarding body.
- Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and maths
- Evidence of previous experience or study in music or music technology at an appropriate level.
Continuous assessment by practical music and music technology training and assessment, projects, online portfolio, presentations, written research projects and group work.
Aims of the course
- To enable you to explore and develop your music performance techniques and gain an in-depth knowledge of music production
- To give you the skills and knowledge needed to progress to degree level study and employment in the music sector.
This qualification will support students to progress or transition to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Music Performance and Production.
The UCAS tariff points gained on this course ? either alone or in combination with other Level 3 qualifications ? may also enable you to apply for a range of relevant degree level courses.
The programme is delivered through a mixture of lessons, workshops and projects. You will learn in our classrooms and music studios, and benefit from trips to performance venues, and getting involved in projects with external partners.
After further study you can pursue a range of careers in the music industry.
While the primary purpose of this Diploma is to help you progress to further learning, the transferable skills and knowledge you will gain could also enable you to move into an entry level role or higher apprenticeship in the creative sector.