This course is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding you need to progress to degree level study and employment in the fashion industry.
The programme leads to the award of a UAL Level 3 Diploma in Fashion Business & Retail.
- Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and maths
- Evidence of previous experience or study in fashion or design at an appropriate level.
Continuous assessment by practical work, projects, online portfolio, presentations, written research projects and group work.
Aims of the course
- To enable you to develop an in-depth knowledge of the fashion industry and retail sector
- To give you the skills and understanding you need to progress to degree level study and employment in the fashion industry in the fashion business sector.
This qualification will support students to progress or transition to the UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Fashion Business & Retail. The UCAS tariff points gained on this course ? either alone or in combination with other Level 3 qualifications ? may also enable you to apply for a range of relevant degree level courses.
The programme is delivered through a mixture of lessons, workshops and projects. You will learn in our classrooms and specialist studios, and benefit from trips to fashion venues and businesses and getting involved in projects with external partners.
After further study you can pursue a range of careers in the fashion and retail sectors. While the primary purpose of this Diploma is to help you progress to further learning, the transferable skills and knowledge you will gain could also enable you to move into an entry level role or higher apprenticeship in the creative sector.