The Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce is for learners who work in, or who want to work in, this vocational area in England.
- This qualification covers the age range from birth to 19 years
- requires the learner to spend time in a real work environment
- confirms competence under supervision, where appropriate.
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop and demonstrate competence in working as part of the children and
- young people's workforce in roles such as assistants in children's centres, day
- nurseries, nursery schools and nursery classes, nursery nurses, care workers
- and registered childminders
- develop technical skills and knowledge and understanding related to the specified job roles
- have existing skills recognised
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning
- Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
Secured a placement and have a current DBS GCSE English Grade 3
All units for this qualification will be internally assessed using a variety of methods. In addition, learners will be required to achieve a minimum of a pass grade for a synoptic short answer examination and a synoptic extended written assignment, both of which will be externally set and externally assessed.
Methods used include: Formative/ summative questioning Written Self -reflection Professional discussion Peer assessment Group work, both written and verbal Observation Presentation Role play
Aims of the course
This qualification is ideal for learners wanting to develop their knowledge and understanding in areas such as the role of the childcare practitioner, human development, relevant legislation and frameworks, and play and learning or a related sector through a mixture of external and internal assessments. Learners will learn key studies and theories childcare will be required to demonstrate their knowledge through application to real life scenarios as well as case studies.
Children and Young People's Workforce or Early Years Educator programme of study, which leads to vocationally related employment in early years and childcare with a licence to practice
Health and Social Care programme of study at level 3
Supporting Teaching and Learning or Play work
Children's Play, Learning and Development
Teaching assistance programme of study.
Classrooms Computer suite Guest speakers Off-site visits Workshops Lessons Independent studies Placement
Learners who achieve this qualification can progress on to the required qualification at Level 3 or above (for all new practitioners) for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector, such as the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce. The qualification will provide progression to the early learning and childcare, social care and learning development and support services workforces. Potential job roles for learners working towards this qualification include:
? assistant in children's centre, day nurseries, nursery schools and nursery classes ? assistant playgroup worker ? care worker ? nursery nurse ? registered childminder ? registered nanny ? youth and community worker