Customer Service Occupations N.e.c.
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of customer service occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 721: Customer Service Occupations.
- Receives enquiries from potential and existing clients, discusses requirements, and recommends products or services
- Discusses pricing processes with clients, agrees payment arrangements and handles customer accounts
- Makes reservations, books tickets, organises insurance policies on behalf of customers
- Follows up clients to ensure their satisfaction with a product or service and to gain renewal of customer service agreements
- Addresses customer complaints and problems
- Informs customers of special promotions and new product launches.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically provided on-the-job, supplemented by specialist short courses.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £20,000 per annum and can progress up to £29,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 42,540 employed Customer Service Occupations N.e.c. in the region.