Educational Support Assistants
Educational support assistants work with teachers to provide one-to-one support for children with particular learning needs.
- Supports schoolwork under teacher’s supervision
- Helps child understand instruction through a variety of means and encourages self-confidence and independence
- Identifies signs of distress and offers reassurance
- Implements care programmes, as appropriate
- Helps and encourages child to communicate
- Attends to child’s physical needs
- Provides feedback to teachers and completes and maintains records.
Academic qualifications may be required by some employers, although entry is possible with relevant experience alone. CRB clearance is mandatory.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £16,000 per annum and can progress up to £21,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 19,443 employed Educational Support Assistants in the region.
- Educational Support Assistants BR2 7AG
- Kickstart - Special Educational Needs Support Assistant-Over Threes Room-PM Southall, UB25PF
- Kickstart - Special Educational Needs Support Assistant-Over Three's Room-AM Southall, UB25PF
- Special Educational Needs Learning Support Assistant IG10 1
- Special Educational Needs Learning Support Assistant SS15