Textiles, Garments & Related Trades N.e.c.
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of textiles and related craft occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 541: Textiles and Garments Trades.
- Marks out, cuts and sews corsets, light clothing and hoods and aprons and makes and repairs sails, boat covers and other canvas goods
- Fills and stuffs cushions, quilts, soft toys and furniture
- Examines sketches and draws out patterns for the manufacture of garments and upholstery
- Shapes and steams fabric into hats or hoods and gives final shape to fibre helmets and felt hats
- Performs other tasks not elsewhere classified, for example, forms mounts for wigs, makes buttons, shapes hat brims, and staples seams of industrial gloves.
Entry does not depend on academic qualifications. Training is mainly on-the-job although relevant vocational courses and qualifications are available in some areas.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £23,000 per annum and can progress up to £31,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 1,168 employed Textiles, Garments & Related Trades N.e.c. in the region.