Artists create artistic works using appropriate techniques, materials and media; design artwork and illustrations; and restore damaged pieces of art.
- Conceives and develops ideas and ways of working for artistic composition
- Selects appropriate materials, medium and method
- Prepares sketches, scale drawings or colour schemes
- Builds up composition into finished work by carving, sculpting, etching, painting, engraving, drawing, etc.
- Approaches managers of galleries and exhibitions in order to get finished work displayed
- Uses artistic skills to restore damaged artworks
- Liaises with writers and publishers to produce book illustrations
- Markets and sells finished work directly to customers
- Produces works on commission basis for clients.
No specific academic qualifications are required although a variety of vocational qualifications, degrees and postgraduate courses are available. Entry can be based upon portfolio work.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £25,000 per annum and can progress up to £31,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 3,826 employed Artists in the region.
- Sandwich Artist™ 38b Packhorse Road Gerrards Cross, SL9 8EB
- Sandwich Artist™ SUBWAY WIGMORE: Unit 5, Wigmore Parade Wigmore Lane, Luton Bedfordshire, LU2 9XG
- Sandwich Artist™ 14 The Wash Hertford, SG14 1PX
- Sandwich Artist™ 274 High Street Orpington, BR6 0NB
- Sandwich Artist™ Riverside Shopping Centre London, DA8 1RG