Electrical & Electronics Technicians
Electrical and electronics technicians perform a variety of miscellaneous technical support functions to assist with the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic systems.
- Plans and prepares work and test schedules based on specifications and drawings
- Sets up equipment, undertakes tests, takes readings, performs calculations and records and interprets data
- Plans installation methods, checks completed installation for safety and controls or undertakes the initial running of the new electrical or electronic equipment or system
- Diagnoses and detects faults and implements procedures to maintain efficient operation of systems and equipment
- Visits and advises clients on the use and servicing of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
Entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades, an Intermediate GNVQ/GSVQ Level II or a BTEC/ SQA award. NVQs/SVQs in Servicing Electronic Systems are available at Levels 2 and 3.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £34,000 per annum and can progress up to £41,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 3,398 employed Electrical & Electronics Technicians in the region.