Senior Professionals Of Educational Establishments
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the administration, support systems and activities that facilitate the effective running of a university, college or other educational establishment.
- Considers staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs
- Arranges for evaluation of management, accounting, information storage and retrieval and other facilities
- Provides administrative support to the academic team
- Leads or contributes to decision making processes regarding curricula, budgetary, disciplinary and other matters
- Controls administrative aspects of student admission, registration and graduation
- Acts as secretary to statutory and other bodies/committees associated with the educational establishment
- Drafts and interprets regulations and deals with queries and complaints procedures
- Organises examinations, necessary invigilations and any security procedures required
- Arranges for the preparation and publication of syllabuses and other official documents
- Assists with recruitment, public relations and marketing activities
- Coordinates and maintains quality assurance procedures.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification and have gained significant relevant experience in the field of education. Specialist training courses and professional qualifications are available.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £56,000 per annum and can progress up to £58,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 12,988 employed Senior Professionals Of Educational Establishments in the region.