Travel Agency Managers & Proprietors
Travel agency managers and proprietors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources and activities of travel agencies and booking offices.
- Plans work schedules and assigns tasks and responsibilities
- Co-ordinates the activities of clerical, secretarial and other staff
- Discusses client’s requirements and advises on road, rail, air and sea travel and accommodation
- Makes and confirms travel and accommodation bookings, arranges group holidays, tours and individual itineraries
- Advises on currency and passport/visa regulations and any necessary health precautions needed
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.
Entry is most common with GCSEs/S grades but is possible with other academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is available. BTEC/SQA awards and NVQs/SVQs at Level 3 are available.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £37,000 per annum and can progress up to £51,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 1,104 employed Travel Agency Managers & Proprietors in the region.